Thursday, August 18, 2011

Customer Spotlight #16 - Lori Augenstein from Marion, Ohio

This is #16 in our series Cobweb Corner Customer Spotlight. Enjoy the interview and the fabulous photos chosen especially to share with you. Please comment after reading the interview - the featured stitcher will be thrilled to know you took the time to admire and comment on their craft.

Please contact me if you would like to be a featured stitcher


Tell us something unusual about your self:I graduated from Ohio State at age 39 and began my career as a pediatric occupational therapist at age 40. I work mostly with special needs preschoolers. My job is literally play.

How long have you been stitching and how did you start? I started stitching about 27 years ago. I wanted a creative hobby and the pictures on the cross stitch kits were so colorful and inviting.

Why did you select the pieces you did to share with us? I have so many pieces! These were handy. The picture of the baby in the wash bowl was from a pattern that appeared in a magazine more than 20 years ago. The "Autumn Queen" is from Mirabilia Designs and "Cupid's Garden" is from Heaven and Earth Designs.

Do you have a favorite designer or style that you prefer?    I love Mirabilia. I prefer to work on pieces that have alot of shading and shadowing. I tend to gravitate towards women in flowing gowns. It is sometimes difficult to work with similar colors over large areas but I think the end product is worth it.  

Is there anything you wish would change in the cross stitch industry?  I wish retailers had a larger variety of the more difficult charts.

How often do you stitch and where do you do it? I stitch on the couch most every night for a couple of hours while I watch T.V.  Stitching, for me, is very relaxing and calming. People ask me how in the world I don't become cross-eyed. It is like second nature to me.

Are you embarrassed to admit to friends and family how much stash you have on hand? Besides my 2 daughters and husband, no one has any idea how many projects I have completed or how many I have planned. My biggest problem is that I have only framed a small percentage of what I have done.

Do you have a favorite quote? There are too many quotes out there to pick just one.



Thank you Lori! Please post comments/questions for Lori below.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing your work,Lori! It is absolutely stunning! I love the pieces you picked to share and what to see more of what you have done...framed or unframed!

xsdiva said...

Lori, your work is absolutely gorgeous. I have just discovered Miribilia and have just purchased my first pattern. Can't wait to get started. You are an inspiration.

Eileen said...

Wow! Lori you do beautiful work! Would love to see more posted!Can't believe you have items that you did not frame, all that work and talent, show it, hang it! Happy stitching!

How to start a painting business said...

Fantastic work. I like them so much. How did you come up with that?