Thursday, March 11, 2010

Birthday Card with Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (1)

Today I made a birthday card for my Bunco friend. We have bunco at her house tonight AND it's her birthday.

I wanted something bright and cheery. I was originally going with a flower theme - but I'm new at this and found myself spending WAY too much time looking for ideas.

I settled for a very simple layout instead so I could actually finish it before tonight!

For this card I used the Citronella Designer mat pad by K&Company. The pad is only 4.75 x 6.75 inches. I'm finding I prefer this size for cards as the patterns are usually smaller. The paper is heavier cards stock and is 2-sided and coordinates perfectly together.

I chose the green paper for the background then used the Happy Birthday embossing folder with my Cuttlebug (by Provocraft).

I also used some ribbon that I picked up on clearance at Michaels.

Added the border paper and some ribbon -the printed the sentiment and attached it. Very easy and quick ONCE I decided what to do.

Questions/Problems (I'm very new at this)

1. What's the best way to adhere ribbon?

2. How do I keep the ribbon from fraying?

3. When I embossed the card it seemed to press too hard - and broke through the color of the paper. Not sure if you can see it in the enlarged picture - but there is some white showing through on some of the letters. How do I prevent this?

4. Suggestions on what I could have easily done to the sentiment I attached - it seems a little overly plain to me now.

Comments, help and suggestions are MUCH appreciated. Please click the TWEET button at the top of this page to share this article.

Amazon links to products I used:






No comments: