Friday, August 5, 2016

The UN- Paper Towel

For quite some time I was annoyed with myself for always reaching for a paper towel in the kitchen. We used them for napkins, for little spills, big spills, and to wipe my fingers off while cooking.

I may not be the "greenest" person around, but it bothered me enough to look for a solution.

Enter The UNPAPER TOWEL



Such a simple concept with such a big impact. Small flannel prints to substitute when you need, or want, a paper towel.

I bought 12 to try them and then ordered another 12. I thought I would have a hard time getting my husband to use them but we both took to the idea right away. I keep them stacked in the kitchen where the paper towels and napkins use to be and we reach for the unpaper towels instead.

I use them for napkins, and since each one is different we reuse them until obviously soiled, then just toss them in the laundry room.

When I cook I grab one for my hands and minor cleanup. Then, you guessed it, I toss it in the laundry room.

We've cut our paper towel usage to almost none, although I do still reach from them for wiping up liquid from meat and chicken so I can toss those germs right away.

I bought mine from MarleyMonsters on Etsy and was more than happy with the service and the product. I asked for prints that weren't designed for small children and she complied.

Have you used unpaper towels? If so what do you think? Haven't used them? Would you give them a try? Enter a comment and let me know.


No comments: